15th Plinius Conference will be held in Taormina-Giardini Naxos, Sicily (Italy) from 8th to 11th June 2016.
General information can be found at the Conference web site: http://www.plinius15.eu/home.html
You can submit your abstracts to the following session:
Plinius15-5 Coastal dynamics and tsunamis
Convener: Stefano Tinti, Jordi Serra Raventós
The coastal zone is getting more and more important in the modern world from the economic and social points of view since there is a constant worldwide trend to occupy and exploit the coastal region and its resources. Coastal processes and sea wave dynamics, including extreme events like big storms, tsunamis, coastal landslides, are the main topics of this session where theoretical and experimental contributions are welcome. More specifically, but not exclusively, the subjects on which contributions are expected are:
- Linear and nonlinear sea waves interaction with the coast (shoaling, breaking, wave-wave interactions…)
- Coastal dynamics and processes inducing changes on the littoral: transport, erosion and deposition
- Extreme hazardous events as storm surges, tsunamis and sea coastal currents,
- Wave climate typologies and its induced processes and responses. How the Climatic Change can affect coastal dynamics and evolution,
- Hazard, vulnerability and risk analyses and models.
Please, pass this information along to any colleague who might be interested. For information on how you can make a financial donation to this project visit https://www.paydaychampion.com/no-credit-history-check-loans/